WE HAVE GONE LIVE…VIRTUALLY!
For those of you who are not ready to return to the studio for yoga, we will be offering all of our classes live in real time via the ZOOM platform.
On our schedule for every class we are offering in the studio you will see a “virtual live” version of that class. Each class will be broadcast live if you prefer to participate in the comfort of your own home. Our memberships will now apply to both in-studio and virtual classes. Any membership (month unlimited, 10-pack, & etc.) can be used for any class, so you can practice in the studio, at home, or both!
To practice from home, you will use a link that you receive in a confirmation email. You will be able to log on up to 10 minutes before class starts. You will see one student on his or her mat doing the practice, and hear the teacher giving cues. Our teachers will be able to see you on the screen and will offer helpful cues and comments individually and to the group as a whole.
Reservations are required for both in-studio and virtual live classes. For now our classes in the studio will be limited to 12 participants.
There are two ways to register:
- Go to our website keylargoyoga.com and click on the classes tab, then select weekly schedule. Sign up for the class you want to attend. If you do not have an active membership you will be redirected to the MindBody site. If you already have a MindBody profile, just sign in and purchase the membership of your choice to complete your reservation. If you do not have a profile, follow the prompts to create one and then purchase your membership.
- Download the MindBody app on your phone. Search for Key Largo Yoga, select a class and purchase a membership.
If you’ve signed up for an in-studio class, we’ll see you soon! For anyone coming to the studio to practice we ask that you read carefully and follow the guidelines outlined below.
If you’ve signed up for a virtual class, we’ll see you soon, online! Immediately upon making your reservation for a virtual live class, you should receive a confirmation email with a ZOOM link to join the class. If you’re using your phone or mobile device you’ll need to download the ZOOM app. Click on the link up to 10 minutes before class starts to join.
Current guidelines for attending classes in the studio:
- Class size limited to 12, please arrive ten minutes early and take your mat to one of the designated spots.
- Please no socializing inside the studio…we love our students but ask that you make your way to your mat quietly and refrain from chatting with our teachers or others unless necessary
- Practice social distancing in the studio…no handshakes, fist bumps, or hugs please.
- Please bring your own mat and props, we will not be offering rental mats or props at this time
- We have also removed our sweat towels and mat cleaner, please clean your mat at home
- If you feel sick please practice from home! We reserve the right to respectfully ask you to leave if you appear sick in any way.
- We encourage vigorous hand washing if necessary, hand sanitizer will also be available.
- We will thoroughly sanitize the studio space after each class, including the floor and bathroom
- Please do NOT attend classes in the studio if you have knowingly had contact with anyone with COVID-19, if you have had a fever in the last 48 hours, if you have traveled to any hotspot, or if you are experiencing any cough, shortness of breath or sore throat.
Didn’t get a confirmation email with a link for the virtual class?
- Check your spam/junk mail.
- Try this – go back to your profile, delete and re-enter your email address. You’ll be asked to confirm your email address. Once you’ve done that, cancel your reservation for the class and re-reserve, and see if you receive a confirmation email with the link.
As always, we are deeply grateful for your continued support and patience! If you have any questions please call text or email Kathy at either firstname.lastname@example.org or (305) 879-0377.
KID’S YOGA CLASS
In our virtual kid’s yoga class we relax, play games, and have fun! We teach your kids deep breathing, self awareness, and basic yoga poses. Class is open to kids ages 7-11 but kids younger may join with parental supervision. This class is instructed by Mattie Sue and her assistant Kathy Shirley, owner of the studio. Mattie is 10 years old and she has been doing yoga for three years. She has had experience teaching classes in the studio and is excited to start teaching yoga virtually. This yogini is excited to share her energy with the world!
To register follow the steps outlined above. If you have any questions, please contact Kathy at 305-879-0377
This class is donation based (all donations will go to Mattie) using “Venmo” Our user name in Venmo is Key Largo Yoga.
Suggested Donation $5.
We appreciate your support and also understand if you too are out of work. If you cannot afford to donate at this time, please still have your child/children join us 🙂
We are deeply grateful.
Mattie and Kathy